Chief of Party
Company: Fintrac Inc.
Location: Cap Haitien, Haiti
Start Date: September 03, 2011
Posted On: Aug 03, 2011
Chief of Party at Fintrac Inc.
Fintrac is seeking a highly qualified Chief of Party to propose on an upcoming USAID RFP. The Chief of Party will provide leadership to the development and implementation of project activities to increase incomes for 40,000 farmers and doubling export values for cocoa-supported producing farms. The Chief of Party must have a demonstrated understanding of the Haitian context or similar. He/she will be responsible for coordinating effectively with a wide variety of industry stakeholders including the national and local government, donors, community-based organizations, think tanks and universities, the private sector and the Fintrac home office. The Chief of Party is expected to manage high-level relationships and motivate subordinates. The position will be based in Haiti for five years.
• Advanced degree (graduate level: doctorate, master’s, etc.) in a relevant field
• Minimum 15 years of relevant experience
• Experience managing a project of similar size and breadth
• Experience with USAID project management (preferred) or similar work for other donors
• Spoken and written fluency in English and French
• Working ability in Haitian Creole
• Demonstrated understanding of the Haitian context
• Proven record of achieving development impacts in a similar context
• Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national and local government, donors, community-based organizations, think tanks and universities, and the private sector
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships and motivate subordinates
Must be able to work in Haiti and travel abroad. If interested, please send a CV, letter of interest with salary history and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Fintrac Inc.
Fintrac is a leading US-based agribusiness consulting firm with projects in Central America, East Africa and Asia. Our mission is to provide agricultural solutions to end hunger and poverty. We innovate and introduce market-led, productivity-enhancing, eco-friendly and sustainable technologies, practices and crops for income generation and food security.