Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: July 24, 2015
Posted On: Jun 17, 2015
Grants Specialist at RTI
RTI International is currently accepting applications for a Project Grants Specialist that will support the administration (from solicitation to close-out) of all grants under the project for the LEVE main project office based in Port-au-Prince. Reporting to the Project Grants Manager, the Grants Specialist will:
• Assist the Grants Manager in the administration of the grants program in coordination with RTI and USAID guidelines.
• Work directly with Team Leads and Workforce Development Specialists in the preparation of the grant application, including drafting requests, collecting documentation, and vetting submission.
• Provide grant writing assistance to technical leads as needed.
• Support partners in grants elaboration and training.
• Review potential grantees budgets and costs for appropriateness, and analyze financial reports and procedures of potential grantees.
• Maintain good financial reporting processes for all grants, and report any grants pipeline issues to management on a monthly basis.
• Monitor grant budgets to ensure project expenditures versus milestones and reimbursements.
• Support the Finance Manager and Grants Manager, as necessary, in the administration and oversight of program funds in coordination with RTI and USAID guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned by Project Grants Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, social sciences or other fields directly related to the range of activities of the statement of work.
• The candidate must have at least 3 year of experience working with contracts and grant management to civil society in developing countries.
• Strong financial and administrative management, organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
• Experience in client relationship management, developing program budgets, financial management of large-scale programs, and managing and supervising staff, preferably for donor-funded programs;
• Strong written and oral language(s) relevant to project requirements skills.
How to apply
Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applicants must include the position title in the subject line of their email. To learn more about RTI and our work in international development, please visit www.rti.org/idg. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
USAID launched the Local Enterprise and Value Chain Enhancement (LEVE) project to increase food and economic security. Implemented by RTI International, LEVE is designed to create jobs in target industries/sectors in the Port-au-Prince, Saint Marc, and Cap Haitian development corridors by creating more inclusive and productive value chains which will contribute to broad-based economic growth, and increase employment in Haiti.