Company: Pathfinder International
Location: Petion-Ville, Haiti
Start Date: August 06, 2015
Posted On: Jul 06, 2015
Data Manager at Pathfinder International
The Data Manager is responsible for developing databases to manage, organize, store and access the project information. In addition, the Data Manager participates in the preparation of M&E reports to USAID and other key stakeholders.
• Enters monthly service statistics data from 80 health facilities into the national health management information systems (MESI and DHIS2).
• Downloads data from national health management information systems (MESI and DHIS2) for the use of PMP indicator calculations and data archiving.
• Creates and manages databases for capturing and managing data not stored in existing national systems
• Manage the master PMP table documenting indicator calculation results and narrative explanation related to performance
• Develop/maintain an M&E archive to ensure back-up documentation for future data quality audits (DQA).
• Provides technical assistance and training to program teams and partner organizations as necessary.
• Provides technical support to strengthening M&E systems at national and district health directorate.
• Conducts data quality reviews of reports and data submitted by health facilities, consortium partners, UAS/DDS and others and engages these stakeholders to clarify and correct data quality issues both at the project and the lower levels of the health system
• Produces routine and ad-hoc information products and data queries – including data visualization graphics - to support program management and evidence-based decision-making
• Utilize PMP data on a regular basis to perform data analysis to inform optimization of project activities and measure project performance.
• Supports development of data reports documenting project achievements, lessons learned, and other findings, including semi-annual and annual reports to the donor per contract specifications
• Tracking of facility, NGO, and DDS data submissions.
• Bachelors’ degree in, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems or an equivalent healthcare related field.
• 5 years of experience in data processing, particularly in the health system in Haiti.
• Experience in developing and implementing database systems for international development projects, especially USAID.
• Exposure to USAID’s managing for results approach desired.
• Familiarity with DHIS2 and MESI databases highly desired.
• Advance data management and analysis skills in Excel (ability to use filter function, pivot tables, conditional formatting, and create graphical analyses in Excel).
• Competency in other Microsoft Office applications such as Word and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL and statistical software package (STATA, SPSS, SAS or similar) and knowledge of ACCESS or other database software
• Solid writing and communication skills. Fluency in English is preferred.
• Ability to work independently and with attention to detail.
• Strong presentation skills including the ability to present to donors and other key stakeholders.
• Broad understanding of comprehensive health, MCH, WASH, HIV/TB and the family planning situation in Haiti.
Please visit the website link below for further information and to apply:
Or applicants should send cv and cover letter to the following address:
89, angle des rues Dr. Wallon et Villate, Pétion-Ville, Haïti.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
About Pathfinder International
Organization Profile: Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Background: Pathfinder International seeks a Data Manager for a USAID/Haiti health systems strengthening and service delivery project, Services de Santé de Qualité pour Haïti (SSQH). The overall purpose of the SSQH project is to improve the health status of the Haitian population, specifically in the areas of HIV and AIDS, family planning and reproductive health, and maternal and child mortality and nutrition. This will be achieved by: (1) increasing utilization of the Ministère de la Santé Publique et de la Population's (MSPP) integrated package of services at the primary care and community levels; (2) improving the functionality of the USG-supported health referral networks; (3) facilitating sustainable delivery of quality health services through the institutionalization of key management practices at both the facility and community levels; and (4) strengthening departmental health authorities' capacity to manage and monitor service delivery. This position is contingent upon project award and funding.