Company: Pathfinder International
Accounting/Finance & Auditing services
Location: Petion-Ville, Haiti
Start Date: August 06, 2015
Posted On: Jul 06, 2015
Contract/Budget Manager at Pathfinder International
The Contract/Budget Manager provides support and leadership on contracts and budget preparation (project and partners), expenditures monitoring, financial reporting, and all NGO contract matters to ensure the timely and effective implementation of Project’s activities in Haiti. S/he performs budgeting, expenditure monitoring, pipeline analysis, and reporting duties in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and contract requirements, and Pathfinder policy. Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, s/he serves as a financial management resource to programmatic and operational staff. The Contract/ Budget Manager monitors transactions and subcontractors through the effective use of the review and approval process to ensure compliance with USAID and Pathfinder regulations. Together with the Finance and Administration Director, s/he negotiates contracts and monitors compliance with all internal and donor financial and administrative requirements.
• Under the leadership of SSQH Finance and Administration Director, Program team and HQ Field Finance, lead and oversee project annual budget preparation, including oversight of the costing of the work plan and its integration with the approved budget.
• Reviews monthly internal cost center activity and project financial reports to ensure expenses have been captured appropriately in the award fund and cost center as applicable, to ensure periodic reporting readiness.
• In collaboration with HQ Field Finance, prepare and present to project management team the monthly project budget monitoring report. Discuss and propose course of action to resolve over/under expenditures in timely manner.
• Develop procedures and process for monitoring and analyzing program budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budget.
• Track/Monitor monthly expenditures against approved budget for Pathfinder and all projects partners.
• Liaise with Pathfinder headquarters on contractual issues with partners and budgetary matters.
• Assists implementing teams by reviewing direct spending for award compliance
• Provide technical assistance to local public and private partner organizations or units in financial and operations management aimed at increasing their capacity at achieving their mission.
• Review contract to ensure technical deliverables are included;
• Support the contract extension process for the 19 partners of SSQH
• Ensure the inclusion of relevant compliance clauses in the contract: environment, drug trafficking, terrorism, child trafficking, etc
• Trains project implementing staff and educates partners as needed on policies and procedures, forms utilization, and expense reporting best practices for audit-ready submissions to Finance
• Provides expenditures projection information to Senior Accountant for Fund requests to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations.
• Review and submit project partners invoices and financial report for approval and payment as needed.
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of Pathfinder and SSQH budgeting templates and accounting procedures and processes (Chart of Account – cost allocation – project funding stream).
• Provides general support to the work of the Finance, Grants Reporting & Analysis as required
• In collaboration with other Finance staff, ensures project staffs are familiar and compliant with USAID and Pathfinder policies and procedures.
• Assists with gathering financial and contractual documents for both donor project and annual external audit preparation as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related field; Advance Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management and accounting.
• Previous work experience with an international NGO, managing large USAID-funded budgets.
• Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
• Procurement experience.
• Knowledge of applicable local and national, rules and regulations, and policies governing financial and administrative processes.
• Proven ability to prioritize and to initiate follow-through
• Supervision experience.
• Meticulous attention to detail, as well as outstanding critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and accounting software, experience with Sharepoint and Access a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, show initiative, solve problems, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and remain calm under pressure
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Negotiation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluency in English and French required.
• Ability and willingness to travel In-county.
• Familiarity with the political, social, economic and cultural context of working in Haiti.
Please visit the website link below for further information and to apply:
Or applicants should send cv and cover letter to the following address:
89, angle des rues Dr. Wallon et Villate, Pétion-Ville, Haïti.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
About Pathfinder International
Organization Profile: Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Background: Pathfinder International seeks a Contract/Budget Manager for the USAID/Haiti health systems strengthening and service delivery project, Services de Santé de Qualité pour Haïti (SSQH). The overall purpose of the SSQH project is to improve the health status of the Haitian population, specifically in the areas of HIV and AIDS, family planning and reproductive health, and maternal and child mortality and nutrition. This will be achieved by: (1) increasing utilization of the Ministère de la Santé Publique et de la Population's (MSPP) integrated package of services at the primary care and community levels; (2) improving the functionality of the USG-supported health referral networks; (3) facilitating sustainable delivery of quality health services through the institutionalization of key management practices at both the facility and community levels; and (4) strengthening departmental health authorities' capacity to manage and monitor service delivery.