Mobile Camp Management Coordinator
Company: International Organization for Migration
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: August 27, 2011
Posted On: Aug 17, 2011
Mobile Camp Management Coordinator at International Organization for Migration
The Mobile Camp Management Coordinator (MCMC) will be assigned to IOM, under direct supervision and guidance of the Cite Soleil Commune Coordination Officer and under the overall supervision of the CMO Project Manager.
In particular, the MCMC will:
1. Gain a thorough understanding of the displacement situation and humanitarian response in the area of action, including assessments and monitoring of conditions in camps and evaluation of the return possibilities for the IDPs.
2. Ensure care and maintenance of services in camps through referrals and provision of targeted services.
3. Collect information in camps and areas selected as return points for the development of the return strategy and its activities.
4. Coordinate the provision of services in the area selected as return zones with partners on the field.
5. Liaise with newly formed communities and national/local authorities, DPC, local civil society and other relevant actors involved in Camp Coordination and Return Coordination;
6. Liaise with IOM Data Management Unit and coordinate activities based on the findings of both Units.
7. Ensure that the return activities implemented follow international protection standards.
8. Supervise and monitor the work of the field operation team in the geographic area of responsibility;
9. Provide periodic reports in a timely manner, and submit one final report to the supervisor at the end of mission.
10. Perform other duties as may be assigned to the MCMC, within the incumbent’s capacity.
• Education in Sociology or other relevant subject;
• Knowledge and training in community mobilization or equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
• At least of 2 years experience in community mobilization, preferably in the humanitarian aid field;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Thorough knowledge of English, French and Creole