Company: Project Medishare for Haiti
Location: Thomonde, Haiti
Start Date: October 22, 2015
Posted On: Sep 22, 2015
Database Specialist at Project Medishare for Haiti
The filed office in Haiti is seeking a Database Specialist with previous experience in creating, managing health focused database. Applicants must have extensive experience database development and training in large scale programming in Haiti.
The position is a full-time position, based 4 days in Thomonde, Haiti with the position reporting to the Grant Manager of Project Medishare.
• Participate in studies and evaluations planning process, including daily monitoring.
• Cooperate with scenario developers during census, studies/surveys.
• Generate/modify/configure databases.
• Train database tool operators in the use of tools.
• Coordinate database validation with Grant Manager and Program Director.
• Maintain a repository of databases used for programmatic purpose.
• Capture lessons identified/learned related to databases throughout the Haiti program from planning through execution to after-action analysis.
• Provide database expertise and participate in experiments and testing of new tools and upgrades in the M&S environment.
• All other tasks associated with database creation and management.
• Experience in relational database management; thorough practical knowledge of related concepts such as normalization, query languages, scripting, common networked applications.
• At least 2 years of experience in database design and implementation techniques and methodologies.
• Excellent practical knowledge of modern database management systems such as Oracle and MS SQL.
• Experience in using SPSS, STATA or Epi-Info and ACCESS.
• Good understanding of data structures and concepts applicable to health related projects.
• Experience in developing technical documentation for data entry clerks/archivists.
• Ability to explain the requirements to non-technical personnel and to effectively cooperate with them in information gathering process.
• Able to work through political landscapes, and thoroughly understand the interests of all constituents
• Goal-oriented approach, determination to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team.
• High self-motivation.
• Fluent in English and Haitian Creole or French.
University degree or equivalent in computer science, IT engineering or related subject, preferably with database-oriented profile.
About Project Medishare for Haiti
Project Medishare is a nonprofit NGO working in Haiti since 1994. Project Medishare is dedicated to providing comprehensive health and development services and building capacity in Haiti. Project Medishare’s work saves lives and forms the foundation upon which larger social change is built.