Company: World Vision International-Haiti
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: September 08, 2011
Posted On: Aug 25, 2011
AREA COORDINATOR at World Vision International-Haiti
The main purpose of the Area Coordinator (AC) position is to provide the necessary strategic and operational leadership, management, administrative and logistical support to area projects/programmes being implemented at the field level at and around the location assigned. The AC will be the primary WV representative at field level and will be responsible for building and strengthening relationships in the field with communities, local leaders, GoH, INGOs and other partners to ensure effective project implementation, integration and coordination with internal as well as external stakeholders to ensure transformational development.
• Provide general oversight, management, administrative and logistical support to the WVHERO team at field level.
• In collaboration with WVH’s Operation Director, Sector Advisors, Programmes Team and Support Services, coordinate WVHERO activities at the assigned operational area.
• In collaboration with the relevant Sector Advisors provide operational support and coordination in the implementation of ongoing grants and special projects to meet desired goals and objectives according to the highest humanitarian standards.
• In collaboration with the Programs Development Department, identify opportunities for new projects/programs consistent with the country’s strategic plan.
• In collaboration with Support Services, ensure field staff adheres to WVI procurement / financial guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Build, maintain and strengthen relationships and linkages with local authorities
o Ensure project staff produce their sector reports on time to enable the Area Coordinator to compile an integrated monthly area report
o In collaboration with Sector Advisors, support in the budget preparation process to ensure costs for the assigned Area is appropriately budgeted
o When relevant & requested, participate in the hiring process of local staff in collaboration with the Technical Teams.
o Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
o At least five years of practical management experience in humanitarian related work
o Excellent English, French and Creole written and verbal communication skills
o Demonstrated leadership, people management, coaching, mentoring, and team building skills
o Strong problem identification, analytical and solving skills
o Strong competency in proposal & report writing, monitoring and budgeting skills
o Ability to live and work in difficult remote areas and travel extensively
o Ability to maintain performance despite intense workload and work pace
About World Vision International-Haiti
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Inspired by our Christian values, we are dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. We are currently recruiting three (3) positions of AREA Coordinator for World Vision-Haiti (1 for Port-au-Prince, 1for the Border Area, 1 for Delmas/Cite soleil/Croix des Bouquets).