Chief of Party
Company: Creative Associates International
Location: Cap Haitien, Haiti
Posted On: Aug 30, 2011
Chief of Party at Creative Associates International
Creative seeks for its proposal a Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID project in Haiti.
In line with post-earthquake strategies of the Government of Haiti and the U.S. Government, the objective of Production Plus is to increase agricultural incomes and exports in Haiti’s Northern Corridor. Two specific results will be achieved: 1) an increase in incomes for at least 40,000 rural households and 2) a doubling of export value for cocoa produced by supported farms. Production Plus will build the capacity of at least five Haitian organizations so that they are certified to receive USAID funding after two to three years.
Reporting & Supervision
The Chief of Party will report to the Director of Livelihoods Practice Area. S/he will supervise at least seven staff plus short-term technical staff, non-key long-term personnel, and subcontractors.
• Oversee the Haiti Production Plus Program implemented in Haiti’s Northern Corridor.
• Supervises all aspects of technical and administrative project activities.
• Represents the project in-country.
• Coordinates program activities at the highest levels among a diverse group of local stakeholders and beneficiaries, government ministries and officials, and USAID personnel
• Supervises partnering organizations and sub-grantees.
• Ensures timely project implementation, monitoring of activities, and management of project staff and subsidiaries.
• Accountable for project financials.
• Reports to USAID and to Creative home office.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in International Development or related field
• 15 years of relevant experience in International Development
• Experience managing a project of similar size and breadth
• Experience with USAID project management or similar work for other donors
• Spoken and written fluency in English and French; working ability in Haitian Creole
• Demonstrated understanding of the Haitian context
• Proven record of achieving development impacts in a similar context
• Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national and local government, donors, community-based organizations, think tanks and universities, and the private sector
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships and motivate subordinates
Desired Skills & Qualifications
Previous experience working in Haiti
About Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.