Company: Creative Associates International
Location: Cap Haitien, Haiti
Posted On: Sep 07, 2011
Infrastructure Specialist at Creative Associates International
Creative seeks for its proposal an Infrastructure Specialist for an upcoming USAID project in Haiti.
Ag Production Plus is a five year, $90 million agriculture project. In line with post-earthquake strategies of the Government of Haiti and the U.S. Government, the objective of Production Plus is to increase agricultural incomes and exports in Haiti’s Northern Corridor. Two specific results will be achieved: 1) an increase in incomes for at least 40,000 rural households and 2) a doubling of export value for cocoa produced by supported farms. Production Plus will build the capacity of at least five Haitian organizations so that they are certified to receive USAID funding after two to three years.
1. Work with local stakeholders to prepare strategic development and service improvement plans and to obtain support from local administrators to implement these plans.
2. Identify high-priority local infrastructure projects that will contribute in the processing, marketing and distribution of the project's target crops.
3. Develop an infrastructure plan aimed at improving access to markets for different stakeholders in Northern Haiti.
4. Provide training and technical assistance to local stakeholders on project management, implementation, and operation of local infrastructure systems and facilities.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
1. Master's degree in International Development, Engineering, or other relevant field.
2. Minimum 15 years of relevant work infrastructure and international development experience.
3. Experience in a project of similar size.
4. Working ability in English and French.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
1. Experience working in USAID projects.
2. Previous experience working in Haiti.
About Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.