Company: BRANA, S.A.
Manufacturing - Other
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: March 20, 2017
Posted On: Mar 06, 2017
Communications Manager at BRANA, S.A.
The Corporate Affairs Department is looking to hire a Communications Manager. This manager will be responsible for keeping the employees and the management team at BRANA informed of issues that affect performance in the workplace. The Communications Manager will design campaigns and show departments how to communicate effectively with the entire organization. This role will coordinate timing and method of messages from various departments to maximize attention and minimize communication burden on staff. The Communications Manager will work closely with the senior leadership to advise on all aspects of employee-related communications and external communications. The Communications Manager also works closely with Marketing/Brand Public Relations to ensure consistency of messaging throughout the company and external stakeholders.
• Continually survey, evaluate, and recommend integrated technologies and solutions that support internal communications to foster engagement. Consult and advise about employee communications based on current industry best practices for internal and external communications. Assess effectiveness of employee communication vehicles to increase reception and retention of messages, introducing new vehicles as needed and improving or retiring existing vehicles. Manage and measure corporate communications channels.
• Develop a communication plan to reach the intended audience
• Choose the communication media that will be used
• Create the scenery of the site where the event will take place
• Writing and disseminating leaflets, messages
• Establish, discuss and manage the budget allocated to communication around events with his/her immediate supervisor
• Conduct technological monitoring on communication tools and techniques
• Engage staff through innovative, attention-getting, credible, reliable, measurable communications programs that support business and cultural objectives. Circulate and interact among employees across the enterprise to foster familiarization with the target audience.
• Provide strategic counsel and coordination to internal stakeholders on relevance and priority of business updates for specific audiences; develop messaging for company updates, key initiatives, industry issues, workplace programs and other topics to ensure transparency of information and consistency in “voice” and delivery. Ensure all internal communication products are of the highest quality and are properly coordinated, advising key clients on timing and frequency of communications to ensure utmost
Master’s degree (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, sociology or journalism.
A minimum of 5 Year of experience in the field is preferred
Must be fluent in Creole, French, and English; Spanish and other language is a plus.
Must be knowledgeable in strong communication practices, (strategy, psychology, etc...), mastery of office software, creation and management, the ability to design and write clear messages, ability to mentor a team.
Must have the listening and dialogue, imagination and creativity, rigor, organization and accuracy, availability and speed, autonomy.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS:
Experience of stakeholder management & influence
To successfully build relationships at every level in our organization
Profound understanding of the Haitian culture and business landscape
Ideally a multi-industry background
Externally well networked to drive best practice
Ability to think strategically and tactically delivery
Self-motivated with a strong ability to work independently
Proven track record of delivering on time and on budget
Excellent Communication Skills.