Company: Hunger Relief International
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: July 10, 2017
Posted On: Jun 10, 2017
Program Manager at Hunger Relief International
HRI is seeking a dedicated Program Manager to help build, support and implement its transformational work with vulnerable children in Haiti.
Under the Country Director supervision, the jobholder will also oversee the HRI Haiti overall programmatic functions, administrative functions and oversight of daily activities, including supervision of staff and the program budget; provides leadership, motivation and support to staff; manages relationship between HRI the orphanages and the communities and ensure integrity of the program models.
The Program Manager will also support the country Director in leading efforts to respond to program development opportunities, with an emphasis on strategically increasing HRI’s portfolio of priority Programs/ projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Development and Management:
• Help HRI Country Director identify program opportunities which will include potential donor funding and other support, both toward orphanage-based programs and targeted existing communities, or elsewhere in the country;
• Assist the Country Director with drafting proposals and concepts so that HRI Haiti has an updated bank of concepts, log frames and budgets to quickly respond to calls for proposals;
• Contribute to the implementation of HRI Haiti Country Strategic Plans and organizational strategy, monitoring progression and performance;
• Conduct regular and frequent programs support visits to all programs locations with the aim of providing programmatic directions and support to program staff, communities and orphanages in terms of programs/ projects delivery, donor compliance and programs / projects implementation.
• Hold monthly programs/projects management meetings with the HRI program staff, and support departments.
• Develop forms and records to document program activities
Orphanages and community works:
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with Orphanages Leaders, Community leaders to achieve the goals of the organization.
• In collaboration with the Social Worker and The Orphanage Liaison and Monitoring officer, assess Orphanages situations to identify , needs, assets problem causes, gather and process relevant information, make recommendations to resolve the problem.
• Participate with the Country Director, Administration and Finance Officer in financial forecasting at the project and organizational level to determine necessary funding and resource requirements;
• Ensure Programs/ Projects budgets are developed that are cost efficient and realistic;
• Monitor Project’s monthly budget versus actuals, and advise the Country Director of any problems associated with Projects/ programs implementation and budget;
• Ensure that the programs operate within the approved budget;
• Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Country Director on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
• Manage all HRI Programs/ project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
• Ensure that all financial records for the programs are up to date
Programs Funding/ Donor Liaison:
• Work closely with the Country Director to identify potential sources of funding for the Grow of HRI in Haiti.
• Donor liaison as required, in close consultation with the Country Director.
• Representing HRI to government officials, UN agencies, other NGO staff, and donors as appropriate and in consultation with the Country Director.
Human Resource Management:
• In consultation with the Country Director, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff and consultants ( developing scope of work, preparing agreements and contracts, monitoring deliverables);
• Ensure that all HRI programs / Projects staff receive appropriate training and orientation to the organization and the programs;
• Establish and implement a performance management process for all programs / projects staff;
• In collaboration with the Country Director, develop and implement a professional development plan for programs/ projects staff;
• Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and appreciative inquiry;
Communications and Reporting:
• Write regular monthly reports on the programs/ Projects for the HRI Leadership and for funders
• Monitor the HRI programs/ Projects activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to a previously approved framework
• Bachelor or Master degree in International Development, Management, Project management or related field
• 3 to 5 or more years relevant professional experience Programs / Projects management (project implementation or management or new business development)
• Experience in managing Programs/ Projects in thematic such as : Child Protection, Family reunification, WASH, Psychosocial Support, Livelihood , Education, Youth empowerment and Community Development;
• Experience in Participative and community approaches
• Previous project design experience strongly preferred;
• Writing, editing, and negotiation skills;
• Ability to be flexible in the phase of changing priorities and maintain a sense of humor;
• Fluency in English, French and Haitian Creole;
• Computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe.