Company: Children of the Promise
Location: Milot, Haiti
Start Date: May 01, 2018
Posted On: Mar 15, 2018
Programs Director at Children of the Promise
Position Summary: The vision of COTP is a healthy, Christian home for every Haitian child. We seek to achieve this vision by serving families at-risk of separation through family preservation programs to keep families together and empower them for sustainable health and wellness. In addition, when a separation of child from family occurs, we pursue alternative family care for the child and provide temporary family-style residential care whenever needed.
The Programs Director will be responsible for overseeing, directing and developing the Programs Department. This will include planning and implementing a strategic vision, managing and equipping a unified staff, orienting the department to the overall mission, managing resources, and promoting a commitment to excellence. The Programs Director must have a passion to serve others. The individual is expected to: be a team player; be self motivated; have a high attention to detail; be a hard worker; and be patient. The individual must be responsible with time and resources, as well as efficient and resourceful.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Management and development of Program staff:
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting new program staff when necessary; training all program managers; identifying and pursuing opportunities for program staff development
- Supporting a healthy work environment and supporting employee’s professional growth
- Providing accountability for program managers through communication of their expectations, regular feedback, encouragement, evaluation, and disciplinary action when necessary; enforcing organizational policies and procedures
Strategic planning and outcomes:
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Lead program managers in the planning of programs, including developing program processes, setting goals and attaining milestones
- Lead regular monitoring and evaluation of program activities, and devise strategies to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of program objectives.
- Develops program systems and structures - including program policies and protocols - to provide clarity and support completion of program objectives.
- Reports to senior leadership and Board on program outcomes
- Contribute to development of strategic planning for the organization
Financial stewardship and oversight of program:
- Prepare annual program budgets in collaboration with program managers
- Regularly review expenses; initiate corrective actions when necessary.
- Assist in seeking out and writing grant proposals as needed
Partnerships and Community Engagement: Pursue and develop partnerships with community services and leaders that contribute to achieving the strategic objectives of the organization.
Position Skills and Qualifications:
Education: University degree (bachelor’s degree minimum; master’s degree preferred) in social work, international development, or in a related field. Additional certificates or trainings in related work is an asset.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in a program’s director or management position, including experience in overseeing the administration of an organization’s strategic objectives. Must have experience in orphan and vulnerable children care, particularly working with families at-risk of separation.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Thorough understanding of program management techniques and methods
- Knowledge of program monitoring and evaluation techniques
- Knowledge of best-practices in field of orphan and vulnerable children care
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness; strong communication skills
- Ability to coach and foster teamwork; ability to galvanize team around a common goal
- Ability to work well within a team; demonstrates humility and a team-first approach.
- Ability to work with other organizations for the benefit of God’s kingdom work.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Google Drive
Faith: Clearly expresses and demonstrates a lifestyle of living out their faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior.
Language: Fluent and a strong communicator in written and spoken Creole and English. Fluency in French is also a preferred asset.
Demonstrates a level of perspective and maturity as a result of their previous life experiences.
Complete and clear a criminal background check for working within a vulnerable sector.
Accountable to: Executive Director
Compensation Package: Salary and benefits to be determined if a contract is offered.
About Children of the Promise
Children of the Promise is a non-profit located in northern Haiti, near Cap-Haitien. Our mission is to provide excellent physical, spiritual, emotional, educational, and economic care for at-risk children and families in Haiti, empowering the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Our is a healthy, Christian home for every Haitian child. We seek to achieve this vision by serving families at-risk of separation through family preservation programs to keep families together and empower them for sustainable health and wellness. In addition, when a separation of child from family occurs, we pursue alternative family care for the child and provide temporary family-style residential care whenever needed.