Company: Local Enterprise and Value Chain Enhancement (LEVE) Project - Haiti
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: June 09, 2018
Posted On: May 02, 2018
Finance Assistant at Local Enterprise and Value Chain Enhancement (LEVE) Project - Haiti
• Processes payments for staff travel advances, ensuring advances are liquidated on time and accurately
• Prepare payment vouchers in support of payments for project activities and suppliers invoices confirming such payments are: in accordance with the laid down procedures and policies, accurate, complete, adequately supported by all underlying appropriate documents, correctly coded to appropriate expenses and tracking code and project code.
• Raises journal vouchers or adjusting journals for necessary reviews and approvals
• Provides support in compiling and submission of the monthly financial reports package for the respective projects
• Address monthly financial reports review comments raised by the Accountant in relation to travel and activity advances & respective liquidations.
• Reviews sub-grantees financial documents in consultation with the Senior Grant Manager.
• Maintain petty cash and making petty cash payments
• Make payments to workshop participants (including travel and meals refunds) as designated by the supervisor
• Process checks to suppliers and employees
• Accounting/keep track of expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expense entry, tracking and record keeping;
• Ensure adequate filing of finance documents
• Performs other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Other Tasks or Projects as Assigned
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work of this position, and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this role. The selected candidate will be required to perform other duties as assigned by his/her direct supervisor.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Results-oriented and team player who has the ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
• Ability to work independently.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficiency with accounting software (QuickBooks is a definite advantage), Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, French and Creole is required.
About Local Enterprise and Value Chain Enhancement (LEVE) Project - Haiti
USAID launched the Local Enterprise and Value Chain Enhancement (LEVE) project to increase food and economic security. Implemented by RTI International, LEVE is designed to create jobs in target industries/sectors in the Port-au-Prince, Saint Marc, and Cap Haitian development corridors by creating more inclusive and productive value chains which will contribute to broad-based economic growth, and increase employment in Haiti.