Hotels/Hospitality & Restaurant
Location: Petion-Ville, Haiti
Start Date: February 16, 2012
Posted On: Jan 16, 2012
Restaurant Manager at Hang
The Restaurant manager will ensure that restaurants operate efficiently and profitably while maintaining the reputation. He will be responsible for the performance of "Hang" restaurant, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, and health and safety.
The Restaurant manager will combines strategic planning, shift pattern organisation and day-to-day management activities
The Restaurant Manager will:
1. Work with chefs and other personnel to plan menus that are flavorful and popular with customers. Work with chefs for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Estimate food and beverage costs. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste. Perform frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and service.
2. Supervise operation of bar to maximize profitability
3. Work with other management personnel to plan marketing, advertising, and any special restaurant functions.
4. Direct hiring, training, and scheduling of food service personnel.
5. Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
6. Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
7. Comply with all health and safety regulations.
8. Review and monitor, with bookkeeper or other financial personnel, expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations. Work to improve performance.
9. Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required
9. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternate.
2. Good organizational skills for dealing with diverse duties and staff.
3. Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with public as well as staff.
Restaurant and bar in PV.