Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Brasserie de la Couronne
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: August 09, 2012
Posted On: Jul 09, 2012
Quality Assurance Manager at Brasserie de la Couronne
The Quality Assurance Manager has full responsibility for the assurance of the entire production process, from the reception of raw materials and key supplies up to finished product warehousing. He/she has full authority to halt any processes at any time or to put on-hold materials that considers being out of specs.
Duties and responsibilities
• Develop quality assurance programs so as to ensure product integrity.
• Develop and implement quality procedures, documents and manuals.
• Implement an incoming goods inspection program according to standards laid out by The Coca-Cola Company
• Liaise with Production and Maintenance with regard to machinery operation and maximizing of product and package quality.
• Monitor plant cleanliness and personal hygiene and report any problem areas.
• Participate in plant commissioning including start up new equipment, recommending operating controls and procedures, conducting on-the-job training, ensuring that GMP’s are considered and implemented.
• Prepare and submit for approval by the Operations Director the annual budget, including expenses, capital expenditures and human resources.
The person who holds the position must have a degree in chemistry, food science or chemical engineering, although other disciplines or degrees might be considered acceptable, depending on the skills and/or experience of the candidate.
• Strong leadership and communication abilities.
• Energetic and results-driven.
• Willing to work under pressure and flexible schedules.
• English, spoken and written, is highly desirable.
• Advanced skills in computing tools, especially Excel.
At least five years in a similar or related position. Experience in CSD’s production would be a clear advantage.