Administrative /Technical Executive Assistant
Administration & Office Support
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: October 31, 2012
Posted On: Sep 20, 2012
Administrative /Technical Executive Assistant at USAID/PROJUSTICE
Under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Administrative /Technical Executive Assistant will provide administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations of PROJUSTICE’s technical activities.
A high level of organization is key to effective functioning in this position. Also key is an understanding of USAID and Tetra Tech (Tt) DPK financial , recordkeeping and reporting regulations. All work will be conducted in a service-oriented spirit and in interaction with technical staff.
- Assist COP/DCOP with administrative duties as requested.
- Manage project technical documentation according to DPK filing system.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Maintain/update the meeting calendar; keep duly informed participants in meetings about updates, changes, cancellations.
- Assist with logistics for seminars, workshops, and other events (request offers, rental equipment, and interpreters; copy, assemble and distribute packets for meetings; etc).
- In coordination with the Human Resources Manager, assist with technical staff recruitment in screening telephone calls, scheduling interviews, researching the Internet to locate potential job candidates, scanning resumes, and assisting with planning new employee coordination meeting, compiling materials and maintaining employee database records.
- Assist with tracking staff time off and preparation of monthly timesheets.
- Arrange travel for technical staff and transportation and accommodation for visitors and consultants.
- In coordination with the Office Manager, assist with project procurement in compliance with USAID and Tt DPK requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the COP/DCOP.
- Training in professional management / finance or related areas.
- Experience in the public sector / projects funded by international agencies.
- Experience working for USAID projects is highly preferred.
- Experience in organizing and managing meetings, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Exceptionally organized and ability to work under pressure
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff.
- Proactive, dependable and results oriented.
PROJUSTICE is a rule of law project in Haiti funded by USAID and implemented by Tetra Tech DPK. PROJUSTICE also operates a Kay Jistis (house of justice) in Martissant and Cité Soleil to provide free legal assistance to indigent people, support to victims of crime, mediation training, and civic legal.