Human Resources Manager
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: October 31, 2012
Posted On: Sep 20, 2012
Human Resources Manager at USAID/PROJUSTICE
Under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Employee will serve as the Human Resources (HR) Manager and will carry out duties designed to meet the objectives of the PROJUSTICE project from the HR perspective. A high level of organization is key to effective functioning in this position. Also key is an understanding of USAID and Tetra Tech DPK financial, recordkeeping and reporting regulations.
- Facilitate project recruitment/hiring process to ensure the hired staff is capable of meeting requirements of respective positions;
- Ensure that any recruitment takes place in full compliance with policies / procedures;
- Advertise positions, seek qualified candidates, invite and encourage prospective candidates for employment with PROJUSTICE;
- Ensure transparent and bias-free recruitment process;
- Train project staff in recruitment process;
- Coordinate recruitment of local long-term resources; ensure quality control of recruitment process, interview candidates, and make recommendations to COP/DCOP;
- Report progress in recruitment activities to Finance and Administration Manager, DCOP and COP;
- Ensure that all recruitment files are kept up to date;
- Negotiate salaries with all candidates for long-term local positions;
- Coordinate and supervise preparation of employment agreements for all project staff;
- Coordinate preparation of international/local short-term consultant agreements as well as monitoring and evaluation of consultant performance; ensure that all consultant files are in order and up to date, including copies of consultant evaluations and final deliverables;
- Establish and maintain a database of international/local consultants and resource organizations;
- Assist COP/DCOP in establishing calendar and process for completing annual employee performance evaluations; train supervisors charged with conducting evaluations of staff members in their components, and monitor compliance with the process;
- Establish and maintain database of all employee contracts with details using DPK template;
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by COP/DCOP.
- Master's Degree and 5 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in human resources, preferably in NGOs or international companies.
- Experience working for USAID projects is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Haitian labor code, insurance, personal income tax and fringe benefits.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and to pay close attention to detail.
- Respect for confidentiality is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Technology-literate (PC skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet).
- Fluency in English, French, and Creole.
PROJUSTICE is a rule of law project in Haiti funded by USAID and implemented by Tetra Tech DPK. PROJUSTICE also operates a Kay Jistis (house of justice) in Martissant and Cité Soleil to provide free legal assistance to indigent people, support to victims of crime, mediation training, and civic legal.