Company: Save the Children
Location: Leogane, Haiti
Start Date: October 31, 2012
Posted On: Sep 27, 2012
Sub-Office Manager at Save the Children
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee the management and operations for the sub-office of Léogane:
• Ensure logistical support for effective implementation of programs and operations.
• Establish and implement a system for the efficient transmission of documents and important information to the West Department Field Office (WDFO).
• Directly supervise office support staff.
• Support program staff and keep Field Manager and program coordinators informed of any issues.
• Ensure the safety and security of staff at all times, keeping in close communication with the security staff at the Country Office (CO) and WDFO.
• Ensure that the office and staff are prepared for potential emergencies and can provide rapid response as necessary according to the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
2. Implement the transition of the current Léogane Field Office to a sub-office:
• Transition support functions (HR, Finance, Administration) to the WDFO including effectively managing downsizing of current staff.
• Provide recommendations for new appropriate sized office space for remaining programs and staff.
• Manage transition out of current leases for the guest house and office space.
• Support distribution of materials within the warehouse for programs that have closed or will close.
• Effectively manage the communication with staff and partners during the transition assuring transparency.
3. Representation and coordination:
• As appropriate and in coordination with the Field Director, represent SC with local partners and government officials.
• In the case of an emergency, lead in coordination with other agencies in Léogane and providing timely communication to the CO and ODFO.
4. General support to ODFO:
• As required, the sub-office manager will provide support to OFDO for tasks outside of Léogane.
• Bachelors Degree in a related field.
• At least 2 years program management experience.
• Must speak and write French fluently, English and/or Creole fluency strongly preferred.
• Previous experience in Haiti strongly preferred.
• Experience in change management and/or office opening/closing.
• Strong logistics/operational experience.
• 5 years of experience within an international NGO.
• 3 years of experience managing staff within an INGO.
About Save the Children
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Do you have the leadership skills and experience that Save the Children is seeking to deliver our ambitious goals and breakthroughs for children?