Marketing Field Manager - Mango Program
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: November 01, 2012
Posted On: Oct 22, 2012
Marketing Field Manager - Mango Program at Technoserve
TechnoServe Haiti’s Mango Program is looking for a Professional to lead a large team of business advisors, agricultural technical advisors, and extension agents (animators) in the Center and Artibonite provinces of Haiti. The position will require up to 80% travel Monday-Friday.
Lead the field team to provide a package of services focused around technical training on production, logistics, and financial management, with the result that farmers to organize and sell higher in the value chain (directly to exporters) for a higher price, while minimizing losses from shrink.
• Experience working in private sector or demonstrated success supporting entrepreneurial business management.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, teamwork and relationship building
• At least Bachelor Degree in Business, Economics, or related field
• Minimum one year working with small growers or producer cooperatives
• Ability to work independently, flexibly and responsively, with a strong commitment to excellence
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Able to adapt to changing working conditions
• A Fluency in Creole, French and English
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Google apps.
• Willingness to travel in rural communities and outside the country
TechnoServe is a US-registered 501 (c) iii nonprofit development organization operating in globally and in Haiti. TechnoServe’s mission is to create income, employment and opportunity throughout the developing world. This is accomplished via an integrated value chain approach, catalyzing the activities of diverse actors serving defined markets, in order for low income and economically excluded communities to be empowered to take advantage of the opportunity that those markets represent.
The mango program started in September2010 and is funded through August2015 (5 years). The program is funded by the Coca Cola Company, Inter-American Development Bank, USAID, Soros Foundation, and Clinton-Bush Haiti Fund, as well as private donors. The objective of the program is to double the income from mango of 25,000 Haitian farmers. The program is targeting mango-producing areas of the Centre and Artibonite departments of Haiti.Other Job Opportunities available at Technoserve:
- Program Coordinator | International Organisations