Company: COMCEL / VOILA
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: July 20, 2011
Posted On: Jul 05, 2011
Project Manager at COMCEL / VOILA
1. and with management.
• Coordinates functions with related departments, regional offices, and headquarters.
• Assists and supports Company personnel as needed. Responds to questions and information needs.
• Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
2. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
• Ensures that work areas are clean, secure, and well maintained.
3. Completes special projects Planning
• Plan projects in order to accomplish its goals within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards
• Schedule tasks, deadlines and milestones for all stakeholders and resources
• Develop schedule contingency plans
4. Day-to-Day Management
• Run the project on a day-to-day basis
• Coordinate all project subordinates, other staff, service providers, and vendors
• Assemble assets required for production team to perform tasks
• Disseminate production information to production team through task and sub-tasks assignment based on requirements
• Efficiently and competently manage problems -- when things go off plan (due to scope-creep, changed requirements, missed deadlines etc.) bring them back on plan or create a new plan with the assistance of key-stakeholders
• Intimately understand the requirements of the project and ensure that work proceeds on-spec
• Evaluate deliverables prepared by the team to make sure the work meets requirements and maintains a high level of quality
• Constantly monitor and report on the progress of a project to all stakeholders
• Provide detailed explanations (written and graphical) of project processes
• Create, maintain & constantly look to improve production processes
• Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and teamwork with Company personnel as assigned.
• Attends meetings as needed.
1. Effective delivery of a Project
2. Ability to lead, organize and work effectively with project teams
3. A global perspective with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organization.
4. Demonstrated leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution.
5. Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects
6. Positive, professional business relationships exist with vendors and customers. Superior customer service is consistently provided and the Company's professional reputation maintained.
7. Good coordination and working relationships exist with related departments and units. Assistance is provided as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Associate degree in business or equivalent education and experience.
• PM certified is a plus
• At least 2 years project management experience.
• At least 3 years of related telecommunication experience.
• Background of business system analysis
• Understanding of billing processes
• Well organized and attentive to detail.
• Customer and service orientation.
• Good math and problem solving skills.
• Able to train others.
• Strong communication abilities.
• Able to use PC, fax, phone, and other basic business equipment.
• Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization.
• Able to interpret various instructions.
• Ability to compute discount, interest, profit, and loss; commission mark-up and selling price; and ratio, proportion, and percentage.
• Able to perform very simple algebra.
• French, English and any other languages
About COMCEL / VOILA
Voilà (anciennement ComCEL), http://www.voila.ht, basée à Port-au-Prince, est une société de Télécommunications en Haïti. Créé en 1997, ComCEL a lancé des services de téléphonie sans fil en Haïti en Septembre 1999. En 2005, ComCEL a obtenu une licence pour exploiter un réseau GSM à l'échelle nationale, le lancement de la marque Voilà à couverture nationale. Voilà sert désormais des clients de tous les secteurs économiques à travers le pays. Son actionnaire majoritaire, Trilogy International Partners (TIP), basée à Bellevue, Washington, a mis au point des entreprises de télécommunications sans fil à travers le monde. Le portefeuille de TIP comprend actuellement quatre opérateurs: en Bolivie (Nuevatel, opérant sous la marque Viva), en République dominicaine (Trilogy Dominicana opérant sous la marque Viva), la Nouvelle-Zélande (2degrees) et en Haïti.