Capacity Building for Data and Information Management
Company: RTI International
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: October 07, 2016
Posted On: Sep 29, 2016
Capacity Building for Data and Information Management at RTI International
The consultant is expected to perform the following tasks:
• Prepare a landscape analysis and inventory of Papyrus’ current data management system.
• Perform interviews with all Papyrus core staff including its board members to gain an understanding of the data sharing and management system in place also capturing their thoughts on needs going forward.
• Define a nomenclature and file management structure best suited for the organization today and as it grows.
• Present to Papyrus a Data and Information Management Solution to include: the file management structure, standard naming convention (nomenclature), documented policy -- including regular file backups (user-side and server-side).
• Once Papyrus approves solution, work with an IT specialist in implementing and installing solution.
• Train Papyrus core staff on new solution and conventions.
• Weekly status reports
• Presentation on Data and Information management system solution
• Implementation and training calendar
• In-brief and out-brief with LEVE COP and Value Chain Advisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, ICT or other related field (Computer/Data processing specialization preferred);
• A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the area of computer sciences, development of Management Information Systems (MIS) for public and/or business administration;
• Fluency in written and spoken English (French is a plus);
• Ability to manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and incorporate diverse points of view;
• Strong analytical capacities and strong ability to communicate and summarize this analysis in writing.
About RTI International
The USAID-funded Local Enterprise and Value Chain Enhancement (LEVE) project strives to increase economic growth and employment opportunities in Haiti. LEVE will expand opportunities for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to generate employment for Haitian men, women, and youth in the three development corridors: Port-au-Prince, Saint-Marc and Cap-Haïtien. LEVE will improve the competitiveness of key sectors: construction, textile and apparel and agribusiness, working with select value chains with the most potential for growth. LEVE project’s four main components are:
Component 1: Enable MSMEs to engage with other value chain actors to mutually create value.
Component 2: Increase MSMEs access to a productive labor pool with relevant skills and competencies.
Component 3: Improve the sustainability of Haitian organizations serving target sectors and corridors.
Component 4: Identify and improve synergies among existing programs and activities.
RTI is helping to build the institutional capacity of Papyrus S.A., a local project management and consulting firm. In that respect Papyrus underwent their second OCA in May 2015 and the third in August 2016 both conducted by Tetra Tech. One recommendation that was made in 2015 and reiterated in 2016 was that Papyrus needed to develop a data and information management system for their core operations.