Company: Entreprise International
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: July 14, 2017
Posted On: Jun 14, 2017
Retail Supervisor at Entreprise International
People management & Team motivation
• Plan, organize and direct an efficient and effective functional department.
• Develop a high performance service culture within the functional department.
• Hire and ensure proper training of points of sale staff to develop a highly skilled team capable of providing service excellent.
• Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance; conduct performance appraisals.
Sales & Marketing
• Identify business opportunities, assess prospective customer needs
• Conduct market analysis to justify business development in other areas of the country for new POS openings
• Conduct customer surveys and use internal statistics to make necessary business adjustments, develop marketing and promotional campaigns, establish customer loyalty programs, and propose incentive plans for staff of the channel (internal and third party); Ensure that such campaigns and programs are implemented and enforced correctly.
• Maintain high visibility of the brand in communities around retail points.
• Leverage Third Party relationships as much as possible to assess customer needs and make use of customer databases and media relationships databases to communicate about the companies products and services and promotional campaigns.
• Maintain excellent relationships with local, regional and national media, and communities where retails points are located.
• Make best use of available resources for maximum marketing impact, prioritizing social and local media.
• Be alert of future market trends and monitor the activities of local competitors.
• Provide leads to Sales channel.
• Take responsibility for increasing cash sales in general.
Point of Sales Management
• Responsible for the image of the points of sale, ensuring branding guidelines are respected.
• Track preventive maintenance and coordinate corrective actions of all retail points equipment.
• Partner with local and regional management to coordinate customer requests and services that are being promoted.
• Liaise with IT department to maintain proper control over electronic communication and equipment.
• Monitor and ensure the availability of the necessary cash for daily transactions
• Liaise with Security department to safety of personnel, company assets, and cash.
• Update and communicate tariffs and exchange rates to department staff and third party at all locations.
• Ensure that standardized procedures are respected throughout the retail network and that reports are submitted daily; specifically end of day cash reconciliation and bank deposit (where applicable) and Operations-related tasks.
• Inform retail network staff of any new products and services and/or procedures to be implemented.
• Visit all retail points at least once per quarter; perform one audit per quarter per outlet. Audit should include employee tidiness, team knowledge, supplies availability, respect of procedures, POS interior and exterior cleanness, equipment functioning, interior and exterior branding, and overall customer experience.
• Conduct investigations of problem situations, ensure that pertinent data is assembled and coordinate will all other internal departments to arrive at effective solutions.
• Monitor traffic at the retail points to staff adequately and minimize customer waiting time (objective is 15 minutes complete cycle time per customer visit).
• Ensure that staff is trained and knowledgeable to work efficiently and properly assist customers.
• Ensure that POS agents are well groomed and polite.
• Maintain employee motivation and engagement for optimal customer experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Public relations, or Customer Service.
• Advanced level in French, English, Creole (Written & oral); Spanish an asset.
• Minimum 3 years of experience managing Retail network.
• Team management experience
• Strong computer skills, including excel formulas, pivot tables, word processing, PowerPoint presentation, and email applications.
• Strong knowledge and experience in social marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter…)
• Customer Orientation: Is focused on identifying and understanding each customer’s needs. Expresses and acts on desire to assist customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
• Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and uses efficient work methods and tools.
• Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
• Developing People: Facilitates the development of others through personal involvement in coaching, mentoring and sponsorship. Creates an environment that fosters learning, growth and development to improve the companies capability to achieve the strategic vision.
• Building and Leading Teams: Knows the talent needs of the team. Attracts and develops the people who can meet those needs. Encourages effective cooperation among team members and between teams. Inspires team spirit and the commitment to achieve high standards of performance.
• Influencing: Persuades others of the value of an approach or idea. Gains commitment and support and gets others to willingly take action.
• Communication: Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style, tools and mode to the needs of others. Listens attentively, and summarizes or asks questions, when needed, to clarify information.
• Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results, striving for best in class. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.