SMASH Operations Manager
Company: Papyrus, S.A.
Location: Petion-Ville, Haiti
Start Date: September 08, 2017
Posted On: Aug 08, 2017
SMASH Operations Manager at Papyrus, S.A.
The SMASH Operations Manager is a strategic thought‐partner and a hands-on participative manager. The Operations Manager plays a critical role in strategic decision-making and operations as the program continues to scale up the local production of sorghum. The Operations Manager and her/his team ensures the proper functioning of field premises, asset and equipment management and maintenance, procurement, contracts and general administration.
Working under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Operations Manager will perform the following tasks:
1. Coordinate program operations in close collaboration with the Program Director
2. Supervise Admin and Logistics Assistant(s) in their duties related to:
a. Monthly petty cash reconciliations and submissions to accounting for replenishment and authorize petty cash expenses (Home and regional offices)
b. Oversee travel requests, review and authorize travel reports
c. Prepare staff meetings, write minutes and make timely distribution thereof
d. Other general administrative and operations tasks
3. Manage supplier contracts and ensure timely payments, coordination and communication
4. Manage and coordinate procurement, administration and logistics in compliance with applicable Papyrus procedures and donor regulations and prepare periodic reports
5. Analyze and recommend improvements to processes and policies in support of effective workflows and field operations
6. Oversee receiving, storage and distribution of equipment, goods and services, manage inventory in accordance with Papyrus’ policies and procedures and prepare required periodic reports to Papyrus Home Office
7. Ensure that project facilities and premises are in good working order and coordinate and oversee facility maintenance and renovations
8. Ensure that all program assets are properly insured in accordance with the set policies.
9. Implement and Manage the project’s maintenance program (vehicles, equipment, etc.) and prepare monthly reports
10. Undertake additional assignments as requested
• Can-do attitude and proven commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams to “get the job done”.
• Solutions oriented multi-tasker with strong ability to manage multiple projects at a time in high pressure situations without losing sight of the overall objective.
• Compliance oriented with strong organizational capabilities.
• Strong oral and written communications skills in English and French (Creole is a plus).
• Occasional out-of-town, overnight travel.
• Minimum of five years’ management experience in operations, or project management with demonstrated success, preferably in the for-profit or development organization sectors.
• Degree in management, business administration or relevant experience. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
About Papyrus, S.A.
Papyrus S.A. is a private management firm that prides itself on its lasting results-based approach focused on connecting local and international aspirations. For more information, please visit www.papyrushaiti.com
The Smallholder Alliance for Sorghum in Haiti (SMASH) program was conceived by Heineken-owned national brewery, BRANA, to develop the supply of local sorghum to lower its costs, to reduce outlays of foreign currency and strengthen the local economy. The goal of SMASH is to improve the livelihoods of Haitian farmers through a market-driven approach to increase yields of high-quality locally-grown sorghum to produce malted beverages.