Youth Corps Coordinator
Company: Family Heatlh International - FHI360
Sociology & humanities
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: November 06, 2017
Posted On: Oct 06, 2017
Youth Corps Coordinator at Family Heatlh International - FHI360
The Youth Corps Coordinator must demonstrate awareness of and sensitivity to youth civic engagement. S/he ensures the youth corps’ daily management and operations, and assists with and ensures that the youth groups’ practical civic engagement experience is being achieved. The Youth Corps Coordinator will ensure that the youth officers and trainers equip youth corps members with appropriate skills and civic values. This includes but is not limited to: close monitoring of youth corps attendance, and establishing civic engagement skills-planning goals.
• Provide technical leadership and guidance on project activities in order to maximize their effectiveness in increasing youth civic engagement;
• Design and oversee implementation and scaling up of regional youth corps groups;
•Lead development of leadership training and civic values education for youth corps members, and manage trainers and youth officers;
• Support monitoring and evaluation of youth civic engagement activities.
• Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in Haiti or in other countries in the region;
• Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (youth development, civil society, youth education, international development, project management) required.
• Practical experience creating and maintaining meaningful relationships with various stakeholders such as parents, school administrators, community members and local authorities;
• Fluent spoken, written, and reading abilities in English and French preferred;
• Proven leadership and organizational skills to successfully manage and coordinate large and disparate work groups;
Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Send your application to Haiti.FHI360@gmail.com