Company: Industrial Company
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: November 16, 2017
Posted On: Oct 16, 2017
Project Manager at Industrial Company
Company in start-up phase is looking for Project Manager to oversee all its activities until the brand is successfully launched in the Haitian market. In this role the Project Manager is expected to develop and maintain solid relationships with all stakeholders (partners, suppliers, service providers, prospective clients, staff…) to ensure steady progress of the project in accordance with established timetables and deliverables. Scope of the role include product development, marketing, legal, administrative, logistics, procurement, distribution, staffing, public relations, financial, selling and any other activity deemed necessary to a successful introduction of the brand and products on the Haitian market.
• Liaise with partners of the company to ensure understanding of their vision
• Participate in the refinement of the brand identity based on the defined vision
• Participate in/lead the design and implementation of the company’s overall strategy.
• Develop a distribution and marketing strategy aligned with the company’s objectives with a mandate to maximize the return on marketing investment by leveraging social media
• Contribute to the finalization of a detailed business plan for the first 3 years of operation
• Ensure a disciplined execution of the plans and strategies
• Represent the company in all activities contributing to its development and success
• Maintain high visibility of the brand
• Perform any other task necessary to build the foundation for solid growth of the business at the end of the mission
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Public relations, or Customer Service. (Preferred)
• Advanced level in French, English, Creole (Written & oral)
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a management position
• Team management experience
• Strong computer skills, including excel formulas, pivot tables, word processing, PowerPoint presentation, and email applications.
• Strong knowledge and experience in social marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter…)
• Knowledge of the Haitian market and culture
• Familiar with cosmetics
• Understanding of the business world
• Social skills: able to connect with people from all backgrounds and maintain solid relationships
• Character: driven, ambitious and good work ethics. Eager to learn and develop new skills. A no non-sense go-getter with strong entrepreneurial spirit
• Customer Orientation: Is focused on identifying and understanding each customer’s needs. Expresses and acts on desire to assist customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
• Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and uses efficient work methods and tools.
• Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
• Developing People: Facilitates the development of others through personal involvement in coaching, mentoring and sponsorship. Creates an environment that fosters learning, growth and development to improve DHL's capability to achieve the strategic vision.
• Building and Leading Teams: Knows the talent needs of the team. Attracts and develops the people who can meet those needs. Encourages effective cooperation among team members and between teams. Inspires team spirit and the commitment to achieve high standards of performance.
• Influencing: Persuades others of the value of an approach or idea. Gains commitment and support and gets others to willingly take action.
• Communication: Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style, tools and mode to the needs of others. Listens attentively, and summarizes or asks questions, when needed, to clarify information.
• Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results, striving for best in class. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.