Accounting/Finance & Auditing services
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: April 16, 2020
Posted On: Mar 03, 2020
Finance Manager at FOHMAPS/PDL
The role of the Director of Finance is to ensure that PDL maintains complete, accurate and timely financial records and prepares complete, accurate and timing financial reports, and to be liaison with the Groundswell International Director of Finance and Administration in the U.S. This is a full-time position.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Review PDL’s Financial Policies and Procedures to ensure adherence to and consistency in implementing European Union (EU) and other grants.
• Review EU and other grant requirements to ensure adherence to and consistency in implementing.
• Manage and supervise PDL Accountant and develop a monthly close checklist of tasks and procedures to be completed each month. This covers areas such as bank and investment reconciliations, prepaid expenses, cash advances, fixed assets, accounts payable, long-term debt, net assets, salary allocations by funding source/grants, central other program costs allocations by funding sources/grants and more.
• Develop a monthly closing calendar showing when the items in the monthly closing checklist and other necessary operational tasks should occur.
• Complete month end close tasks, ensuring timely liquidation of any cash advances, reconciling all expenses to supporting documentation and posting shared costs to grant based on eligible grant work and costs.
• Ensure PDL Accountant scans and saves on Dropbox all copies of expense support and receipts.
• Provide salary allocation among all PDL funding sources and payroll records and justification for charges to EU and other grants.
• Provide other shared program cost allocation among all PDL programs and supporting documentation for charges.
• Act as liaison with Groundswell International’s Director of Finance and Administration to ensure effective financial management of EU and other grants.
• Qualified accountant in recognized global body e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA
• A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
• Knowledge of NGO donors and their financial reporting requirements
• Minimum of 3 years accountancy experience, with at least a year in a managerial position
• Fluent in English, French and Creole
• Experience of European Union compliance
Partenariat pour le Développement Local, better known as PDL, is a Haitian organization promoting social change in rural areas. We believe our future must be built on a foundation of strong, healthy, productive communities, and our approach focuses on empowering people to become the lead actors in improving their own lives. PDL currently works in a micro region that includes five communes: Saint MIcchel de l’Attalaye in Artibonite department, Saint Raphael, Pignon and Bahon in North, and Mombin Crochu in North East. We are supporting 14 peasant organizations, for a total of 20 305 members, representing 169,934 people living in 14 communal sections. Our programs work to build the capacity of these peasant organizations and communities to lead their own development processes and to sustainably improve their agriculture, livelihoods, health, and resiliency