Human Resource Officer
Company: Project HOPE
Location: Les Cayes, Haiti
Start Date: September 28, 2021
Posted On: Sep 24, 2021
Human Resource Officer at Project HOPE
The Primary Responsibility of the Human Resources Coordinator for Emergency Response involves providing HR and administrative support to the Emergency Response Team for volunteer, expatriate and national staff. He/she ensures that the necessary human resources and support systems are in place in the country, including liaising with local labour lawyers on HR issues, and works closely with headquarters human resources and the emergency response team on staffing plans. He/she coordinates contracts, onboarding, off boarding, health and safety, protection, and general HR support in the field. He/she will provide strategic support to the continued growth of the response effort for the HOPE project. The Human Resources Coordinator will support the Team Leader and work closely with the Human Resources team at Headquarters.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability, and transparency.
● Coordinate local recruitment activities and ensure compliance with local labour laws
● Ensure that locally recruited staff have contracts, which comply with local labour laws
● Implement the HOPE Project Employee Access and Registration Policy
● Create an orientation-briefing file and ensure that each new employee receives an induction including session information on HOPE project, projects, professional activities and objectives, code of conduct and ethics, and conditions and travel
● working with emergency management team, local employment counsel and HR colleague to develop and manually implement local employees
● research, develop and implement local salary scale for national staff
● Coordinate orientations and work with managers to properly prepare new employees
● Create and maintain work descriptions in consultation with a Human Resources contact, work with supervision over management and employee relations that arise
● Coordinate staff selection and training, discipline actions and dismissal of staff in consultation with the team leader, local labour lawyer and HR at headquarters
● Build the capacity of national HR staff to increase their responsibilities to build capacity and ensure program sustainability
● Provide training to national HR staff on human resources and recruitment processes, and supervise national human resources staff for external offices Site and sub-offices as required
● Ensure compliance with all local labour laws, laws and protocols over-recruitment, total remuneration, insurance and work conditions
● Interface with national government and competent authorities and authorities report with employment/HR issues where necessary
● Liaise with headquarters HR to resolve issues related to expatriate staff timesheets, leave requests and other required documents.
● Other duties assigned by the supervisor.
● Bachelor's degree in human resources or a relevant field of study
● Three to five years of relevant experience in human resources, including at least one year in developing countries or in a resource-free environment or a combination thereof.
● Supervisory experience and strong capacity for capacity building
● Deep intercultural knowledge and understanding of health issues
● Ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions independently
● Extremely flexible and ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
● Ability to build relationships with staff and motivate them effectively
● Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources Spirit of
● team and strong communication skills, both oral and written
● Mastery of computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
● Fluency in English
● Fluency in French a Plus.
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE is an international NGO with more than 900 committed employees and hundreds of volunteers working in more than 25 countries, addressing the world's most pressing health challenges. Throughout our 60-year legacy, Project HOPE has treated millions of patients and provided more than $3 billion in medicines to local healthcare organizations around the world. We have helped build hundreds of health programs from scratch and responded to humanitarian crises around the world.Other Job Opportunities available at Project HOPE:
- Health Coordinator | International Organisations