Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Start Date: October 31, 2012
Posted On: Sep 20, 2012
Logistics Manager at USAID/PROJUSTICE
Under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Logistics Manager is responsible for providing logistics support throughout the life of the PROJUSTICE project. The incumbent will work closely with the COP/DCOP, Finance and Administrative manager, and counterparts in Haiti to accomplish project administrative and logistical tasks as required.
A. General Logistics Management Responsibilities
- Undertake authorized purchases of project items as per Tetra Tech (Tt) DPK and USAID procurement policies and procedures;
- Ensure items and equipment are stored securely and transported promptly and safely to project areas;
- Accurately maintain the supplier database;
- Keep stock cards and inventory records up to date and facilitate regular stock counts;
- Define office space utilization and planning;
- Define office improvements and obtain services for same;
- Manage and oversee security services;
- Manage office custodial services;
- Obtain quotes for vehicle purchases and other procurement as requested by the COP;
- Assist with customs formalities for importation of office equipment, vehicles, etc;
- Assist project staff with immigration formalities;
- Work with Components Leaders and staff to ensure close integration of logistics planning in field operations;
- Provide inputs and review the logistical aspects of reports, proposals and other technical documents produced by the project;
- Initiate project inventories and other similar activities;
- Establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, Government offices, and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters;
- Support and build the capacity of partner organizations in the area of logistics systems as required;
- Assist in the establishment of the field offices at the project set up phase and as needed;
- Assist with travel arrangements;
- Conduct , when needed, surveys of specific product costs and check availability of goods and resources related to project implementation;
- Review logistics procedures and suggest changes to improve practices;
- Report monthly on all logistics activities;
- Other duties as assigned by the COP/DCOP.
B. Specific Logistics and Transport Responsibilities
- Manage vehicles use and supervise drivers;
- Lead the process of requesting/purchasing and facilitating tax free import/purchase of cars and motorcycles according to required specifications;
- Ensure that registration and insurance for PROJUSTICE vehicles are realized on time;
- Manage the PROJUSTICE car fleet and motorcycles so that the use of vehicles is coordinated efficiently in accordance with organizational priorities and in line with Tt DPK transport policy;
- Ensure that vehicle log books for all modes of transport are kept accurately and updated by drivers;
- Check vehicle running costs (by examining log books) on a monthly basis;
- Ensure that cars and motorcycles are regularly maintained, serviced and repaired promptly and that transport policy is followed;
- Keep project staff informed on the security situation, share information on the condition of roads and waterways and apply this knowledge in planning trips.
C. Communications and Security
- Be familiar with and train staff in the use of the Emergency Action Plan and Evacuation procedures;
- Carry out emergency procedures as necessary;
- Check regularly fire exits and fire extinguishers.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience managing and coordinating logistics needs.
- Experience in the public sector / projects funded by international agencies.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Exceptionally organized and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff.
- Fluency in English, French, and Creole.
PROJUSTICE is a rule of law project in Haiti funded by USAID and implemented by Tetra Tech DPK. PROJUSTICE also operates a Kay Jistis (house of justice) in Martissant and Cité Soleil to provide free legal assistance to indigent people, support to victims of crime, mediation training, and civic legal.